The Gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Paul declared and preached the gospel “by which also ye are saved” (I Corinthians 15:1-4).
All of us need to have a Biblical answer to the important question: What must I do to be saved? The answer is as simple as A-B-C.
A – Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and the penalty for sin is death.
- “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
- “For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Ecclesiastes 7:20
- “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
B – Believe that God loves sinners and wants to save you from your sin.
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
- “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
C – Confess or acknowledge your sins and come to Jesus to be saved.
- “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Romans 10:9-10
- “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
The answer to the question, “What must I do to be saved?” is found in Acts 16:31, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”
Perhaps you would like to be saved today. If that is your need and desire, why not sincerely pray this prayer: “Dear Jesus, I believe that I am a sinner, and I deserve death in Hell as the penalty for my sin. I don’t believe that I can save myself or that I can earn my salvation. But, I do believe that you, Jesus, loved me and died to pay my sin penalty and can save me. I repent in my heart and turn from my sin, and I call upon you to save my soul today. Thank you Jesus for saving all those that call upon your name.”
Dear friend, if you have prayed this prayer, please contact us and we would be glad to send you some free Bible study materials.